- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 1,000 I.U, 100 tablets
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 2,000 I.U Extra Strength, 60 tablets
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 5,000 I.U Maximum Strength, 60 tablets
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 50,000 I.U Ultra Strength, 20 tablets
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) Drops, 400 I.U/ml, 30 ml
Biodal® (vitamin D3) provides supplemental ‘cholecalciferol’ Vitamin D3, which is the natural form of vitamin D created through skin exposure to the skin. It is an essential nutrient associated with increased absorption of a range of other nutrients in the intestines (such as calcium, magnesium, and phosphate), and is given in cases of osteoporosis, rickets in children, osteomalacia (softening of the bones), and vitamin D deficiency. It can also contribute towards boosting the immune system and combating fatigue and tiredness.
Biodal® (vitamin D3) comes in a range of doses from 1,000 to 50,000 IU (see above), as well as drops for children. Note that Biodal® (vitamin D3) 50,000 IU, is designed as a weekly dose. Dosage depends on your age and general health, but around 1000-4000 IU daily (or 2000 IU daily on average) is sufficient to ensure optimal blood levels in most people. Do not take Vitamin D3 at night, and do not take too much, as overdosing can cause an abnormally high blood calcium level and a range of possible associated symptoms such as constipation, nausia, abnormal heart rhythm, and other symptoms.
The various strengths and dosage forms of Biodal® (vitamin D3) are categorized as either Supplements or Maintenance therapy products, or otherwise as Prescription products, as follows:
Supplements or maintenance therapy:
These help prevent vitamin D deficiency, or maintain normal levels.
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 1,000 IU
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 2,000 IU
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) Drops, 400 IU/ml, 30 ml
These help treat vitamin D deficiency.
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 5,000 IU
- Biodal® (vitamin D3) 50,000 IU